Non alcoholic spirits

BobbyB

Thinking of getting into NA Spirits (0-.5% ABV). I'm referring to things like Seedlip and not soda or juice.  Anyone have some knowledge or experience?

I'm curious about how what seemingly is an alcohol process gets done without alcohol...

I've always thought, given the effort to get a distillers license etc, one would want to make beverages containing alcohol. I can see the appeal of de alcoholised spirits - there is one in BC here that has been wildly successful, but deep down I'm dubious. But, one can always jump on the bandwagon though. For example, I was thinking of doing a non alcoholic vodka. It would be very straightforward, I would simply put water into the bottle, put a great label on it and charge way too much. I suspect it would be a hit for certain... 

9 hours ago, Glenlyon said:

I've always thought, given the effort to get a distillers license etc, one would want to make beverages containing alcohol. I can see the appeal of de alcoholised spirits - there is one in BC here that has been wildly successful, but deep down I'm dubious. But, one can always jump on the bandwagon though. For example, I was thinking of doing a non alcoholic vodka. It would be very straightforward, I would simply put water into the bottle, put a great label on it and charge way too much. I suspect it would be a hit for certain... 

You would need to put at least one drip of vodka in the bottle before adding the water then find someone who is very good at marketing. ;)

• 3 months later...