Looking to connect with other Distillers as we build our Distillery in New Hampshire

Good afternoon everyone!

My names Dave, I work for a family office of entrepreneurial minds who decided to take a sidestep from our traditional tech startup culture to pursue passions of a different nature. Over the last few months we have decided to work towards creating a Distillery Startup Operation from the ground up! Our knowledge of distilling varies across the board so hoping that joining a forum like this will give us some additional insights in this somewhat complicated and long process.

Our vision at its core started with a distillery with an attached tasting room. Learning about the process and regulations of such a project we are now considering to push the idea into a type of Distillery Brew Pub/Restaurant location. We are thinking this could lend to the vision being a larger compliment to our community while also increasing sales the first few years.

We have a location, and general floor plan laid out. I think one of the main ingredients we are looking for next is.... a Master Distiller or someone who has apprenticed for a while who is also looking to become an entrepreneur to hire.

Which has led us to this forum...

Looking to reaching into this forum over the next few weeks to gain any insights and of course any one offering a direction to look or just a friendly chat is always welcomed.

Cheers,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I'd love to have a talk with you about your planned operation. Detroit Stillworks is primarily a manufacturer of equipment, but along the way we end up helping our customers with every aspect of distillery buildout from equipment selection and procurement, to code enforcement issues to business planning. My partner Matt and I have experience in small, medium, and large distilleries and breweries and would be happy to chat about any and all aspects of your business. We've been to a lot of distilleries and seen people do things the wrong way all the time. If we can help save you some time, or money, we would be happy to chime in with our opinions.

Feel free to call anytime,

Augie Engelhart
248-930-2125
www.detroitstillworks.com 

Hi Dave,

My name is Paul Hall.  I am the CEO of Affordable Distillery Equipment.  Our stills are in over 460 distilleries in the US.  Our largest stills produce over 75 gallons of whiskey per hour.  We are known for the quality of our equipment as well as price and customer service.  We can give you a complete package including the still, mash tun, fermenters, pumps, steam boiler, chillers as well as proofing and blending tanks.  Most of the distilleries that purchased from us purchased complete packages.  Many times our complete package pricing is lower than the price a single still from our competitors. Our prices are low because we have very low overhead costs. We have hundreds of references and we have several show room distilleries around the US.  You can take a free 3 day, hands on, one on one work shop at our showroom distillery in VA if you purchase from us.  That distillery has 3 full sets of our equipment, the largest being based around our 2,500 gallon Ultra Pro Vodka still.  I am glad to help you with your business plan, distillery layout and any other aspect of starting a distillery.

Just call or email:

Paul Hall

417-778-6908

paul@distillery-equipment,com

• 4 months later...