Mash cooling without jacketed tanks

Pour Decisions

On 1/13/2022 at 8:02 AM, Southernhighlander said:

I actually like immersion coils better than tube in tube, so our mash tuns come with internal cooling coils also our pro series mash tuns have really strong agitators so you can leave some of the water out of the recipe and then add it to the mash as cold water so that the crash cool is done in 2 or 3 minutes.  We do have tube in tube heat exchangers at a great price that will crash cool your mash in 10 to 15 minutes.   Of you would like a qoute email paul@distillery-equipment.com or if you would like to discuss call 417-778-6908 and ask for Paul. 

1 hour ago, MisguidedCanuck said:

Am interested in tube-in-tube heat exchangers at a great price, hit me up Paul. I've got a 400-gallon (working capacity) mash tun and need a tube-in-shell for on-grain mashing. We've spoken before.

Give me a pm on your needs and specs and I will price up a copper tube in tube heat exchanger to match up with what you want 

19 hours ago, MisguidedCanuck said:

Am interested in tube-in-tube heat exchangers at a great price, hit me up Paul. I've got a 400-gallon (working capacity) mash tun and need a tube-in-shell for on-grain mashing. We've spoken before.

We've got what you need in stock with the best quality price combination in the industry.  Give Susan a call at 417-778-6100 and will give you a price and take your order when you are ready.  If you have technical questions call me at 417-778-6908 or email at 417-778-6908.

Thanks.

@south@Southernhighlander  I was the Op inquiring about this. Susan did send me pics and dimensions of one of your units but I'm having a hard time visualizing how this will drop into the 12" diameter opening on my ferment tanks?

The diameter is 19" the pipe size is 1" OD, and the tri clamp connections are 1.5". 
It is 39" tall. 

DSCN0032.JPG

Pour decisions said:

>>>"I was the Op inquiring about this. Susan did send me pics and dimensions of one of your units but I'm having a hard time visualizing how this will drop into the 12" diameter opening on my ferment tanks?"<<<

It won't drop into a 12" opening.  You need at least a 20" opening.  Did you tell Susan that your opening was only 12"?  

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning the picture that Pour Decisions posted.

I thought that I should add this.  We keep our prices low and quality high by several different methods one of which is that our warehouses for stainless vessels and other stainless equipment have dirt floors.  This saved us a great deal of money when we built our warehouses and we pass those savings on to our customers.  Of course stainless is incredibly rust resistant so having dirt floors in the warehouses, where our stainless is stored, does not harm the equipment in any way.  If you are interested in quality mash cooling equipment or any other quality distilling equipment, at great prices, email paul@distillery-equipment.com or call 417-778-6100 and ask for Susan.

Thanks.