Delivered the latest 50 Gallon still

Made in Maine

• 8 months later...

Hey folks,

I just wanted to share a picture of the still I just delivered. A still in the back of a pick-up truck...how wonderfully rendeck of me...lol.

Hey Jesse,

What is the diameter of this column?

Thanks,

Double G

Thanks guys, Yes its built capable of Vodka. It has good manual controls for fine tuning what you want to run for a process.

Jesse, in the Vodka mode, is that packed column, and if so, with what materials? What separation were they able to achieve?

Jesse, in the Vodka mode, is that packed column, and if so, with what materials? What separation were they able to achieve?

Bluestar,

Most pack with copper mesh that comes in rolls 6" wide and in different lengths. One other packs with the same style mesh, but in stainless and with the dephlegmator able to achieve 95% abv. Its a slower run to choke back the flow and increase reflux to hold higher proof. For other spirit runs you can put less packing and opt not to use the Dephlegmator. users choice.

Jes

Wow! What a beauty! How tall is that column?

old_ky_man,

That column is 4.5 feet plus the dephlegmator. puts the top of the lyne arm at just about 10'-6'. It takes about 50 minutes to heat from ambient temp to running heads. It is electric and in my area the cost for dellivered Kw is just under $.15 per Kw. that puts the heat up time at $2.48 per hour and running time at about $.83.

This beauty is the latest 200 gallon steam jacketed and is little lab brother. http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums/t443/Jesselupo/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ20