Nordic Distillery Texas

Hi,

We are a group of guys who have been talking about starting our own Nordic craft distillery in Texas. The Burbon scene is quite mature down here and apart from a few vodka distilleries there is not a whole lot more different craft distilleries around.

Myself being originally from Sweden I believe there are some great new spirits I would like to bring to the US such as Schnapps, mulled Wine and nordic style single malt whiskeys.

We are currently in the very early steps to build a business case and I wanted to join here to read more about what other have done and hopefully be a part of this community.

we are planning on running a wide style of products but are looking for a Islay style pot still set up with a hybrid column reroute in order to also do high end vodka based products.

starting small for us is key.

please feel free to recommend any equipment suppliers you guys recommend as well as TTB lawyers in the North Texas region.

looking forward to learn more on here

/J

Good luck. I know a few of the craft distillers in Texas, there may be more there than you realize. Also, I have some knowledge of both Nordic versus American spirits, having lived in Sweden for four years, and currently make a Scandinavian style akavit. So, while I do share your passion for wanting to bring some of those style spirits to the American market, I will suggest to you that they are niche products, not likely to get broad interest. Be happy to converse more by email.