Anyone had success creating 50ml variety packs as a marketing tool?

Thatch

We filled a lot of 50ml bottles with sanitizer when no other containers were available.  In that case we used a label that the FDA approved that we printed in house.  Has anyone seen a true benefit of going to the trouble of creating variety packs or singles as a way to get several types of spirits into the hands of the consumer?  Between filling, special labels, COLA approval, a special box (variety pack) this seems like a loser for a craft distiller.  Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I have seen the introduction of 50MLs to the lineup literally make a head distiller get up and quit. Very dramatic, lol. That being said, I see 50 ML sample packs fly off the shelves during the holidays. The rest of the year, not so much. You can also advertise the fact that they can be brought on an airplane, being under 3 oz.

On 11/14/2020 at 1:52 PM, Golden Beaver Distillery said:

Yeah, got an issue with our product name?

I don't personally, it gave me a bit of a chuckle I guess. I'm sure you've found some customers that do though. Or maybe it's great publicity? my knowledge on marketing is pretty lacking.

As a craft alcohol marketer I am constantly trying to get more craft distillers to get their core products into 50mls. Especially right now. Through The Crafty Cask's corporate virtual tastings in the past 3 months alone we have sold over $60,000 worth of 50ml craft spirits (via our onine retail partner Shots Box) AND spent an hour on camera with the guests as they try them to tell them all about the spirit categories and craft distillers represented in their box. It is AMAZING marketing and a perfect way to drive trial and then drive them back to that same online retailer to buy full-size bottles. Is it a hassle to create the 50mls? Yes? But if you create them with a specific and holistic marketing plan in mind for them that will drive trial and then loyalty it is WELL worth it. You just have to view them as a marketing expense and invest the resources in a plan to drive sales of them in a smart manner.

And yes - if you get your 50mls up and running with Shots Box and we get a chance to try your spirits and they hit the mark,  we will be more than happy to include them in the tasting boxes we are putting in front of thousands of consumers each month with our corporate whiskey tasting classes, gin tasting classes, mixology classes or feature your brand in one of our public virtual tastings

Happy to chat with anyone interested in learning more or learning how to create a program like this yourself. Big companies with big money are DYING for ways to engage their employees/clients and drive lead generation virtually right now. Get in on it locally or nationally with online distribution - and 50mls or 200mls are your best friend for doing just that. 

Cheers!

Suzanne

• Thumbs up 1