Ukraine thread

Thatch

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you may have noticed the thread addressing the invasion of Ukraine has been deleted by the moderator.  @Alex_Sorwould like to keep us informed.  He asks if anyone has an idea of another forum where he might post to where the information would be welcome.

I am located in the city of Kyiv, Ukraine.
I can keep you posted on what's going on. Now there are a lot of different messages, but among them there are a lot of fakes or distorted information.
I have the opportunity to report truthful and accurate information from Ukraine and Kyiv.

... My father is now in the city of Kherson, the city is captured by the Russian Nazis :(

6 minutes ago, Mechengineer_81 said:

am I missing something? what happened to the last thread with all your updates?

The moderator deleted the entire thread.
reason: here is a forum about distillation.

that is very disheartening IMO.

should it have just been moved to speakeasy instead of deleting?

Speakeasy

As in the speakeasies of yesteryear feel free to discuss anything (within reasonable good taste). Pat a member on the back, pat yourself on the back, share a cocktail recipe, etc...

The title literally says feel free to discuss anything within reasonable taste. I don't think knowing the well being of a community member in a war zone would fit anyone's definition of not in good taste.

• Thumbs up 1

Hello,

This is Erik Owens, the president of ADI and the moderator of the forums. My apologies for deleting the thread, I have not moderated before, and should have moved it. I will move this thread to Speakeasy, as you suggest. 

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

• Thumbs up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Erik Owens said:

Hello,

This is Erik Owens, the president of ADI and the moderator of the forums. My apologies for deleting the thread, I have not moderated before, and should have moved it. I will move this thread to Speakeasy, as you suggest. 

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Erik, Thanks for your Candor and openness to let Alex keep sharing his updates.