Help sourcing valves/fittings for new distiller

Manray

Hey Everyone,

Been reading through this Forum for years, learning a whole manner of things, and now lucky enough to be in the industry!

Still very ‘rookie level’ so was hoping someone could let me know what clamp/fitting and hose would go well with this processing tank my employer recently purchased? The seal has rotted through so need a new valve or internal 0-ring/gasket. Will also need a hose for transferring barrel proof whiskey. Just not sure where to source this kind of stuff yet. Done generic searches of distillery equipment websites (TCW, GW Kent, etc) but not always user friendly to a newbie. 

The outlet is 2 inches wide, and the inside width is 1.5 inch, hinged tri-clamp fitting. 

Any help or advise is super appreciated!

Cheers,

IMG_7288.jpeg

IMG_7289.jpeg

IMG_7291.jpeg

That's a 1.5" Definox butterfly valve. The "valve seat" is what you're looking for. Definox makes great (but very expensive) valves. That tank was likely sourced in the 90s, before the proliferation of cheaper valves from Asia, when there wasn't much choice but to spend a few hundo on a valve.

As @adamOVD suggests, search "Definox butterfly valve seat" and see who comes up as a stocking distributor. You might need to call them and describe your valve or any markings on it to ensure that the valve seats they currently offer match the model you have, as I'm sure their parts have changed over the years.

Here's one that we sell, if you'd prefer replace it, (and spare valve seats to keep on the shelf).

As for the hose, sure, give us a call. The hose you're likely looking for is just GlideTech Distillery Hose. It's in tons of distilleries, and holds up very well to high-proof spirits.

Sorry to hear that our website (TCW) wasn't beginner-friendly, but as others have suggested, don't be shy about calling us if you have any questions.

• Thumbs up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 10:03 AM, Southernhighlander said:

We have the hoses and clamps that you need.  call 417-778-6100 Monday and ask for Susan.  She can quote you for what you need.

It is much appreciated! 

I tried calling today, but got no response so assuming you guys are under the same weather restrictions we are! 

Would be very grateful for some assistance and pricing on equipment.

In the short term and as quickly as possible, we need a (very) cheap pump option and hosing to transfer finished product between barrels, finishing barrels, through filters, and processing tanks. 

I tried to DM you but it says you can’t receive messages. Would be grateful if you could DM me back.