Try before you buy stills?

Discussing with my business partner the direction we'll be growing the company, and thought I'd get some feedback from you folks here.

I had the idea to build a building to house one or two of our stills and set it up so folks can come out and get some hands on before their still arrives.

with the licencing we have in place, you won't be allowed to keep any of the distilled spirits, but you will be able to run the system and get an understanding for its operation with the guidance of someone who's familiar with the unit and is a competent distiller.

Wouldn't call it a distilling school or anything like that, just the opportunity to get some hands on before you're Still is delivered.

Your thoughts?

the first of our larger units will be delivered today or tomorrow.

it is a 150 gallon potstill with Gin Head.

it will certainly help that people can check out or products, rather than looking at computer renderings.

Also we'll have a 60 gallon unit at the ADI conference, if we had a 60 amp 220v source and water for the condenser, we'd be able to fire it up and show what it can do.

I would love for it to be the 1st unit in the try before you buy plan, but we need to make some more sales before we can go ahead with that plan.

• 2 weeks later...

The try before you buy idea is good, but I don't know how many people actually would go see it. In the end, once you have a few in operation and people are happy with your product, referrals will do more than any hands on trials.

Are you planning on building anything bigger than the 150?

• 4 weeks later...

Setting plans to build a showroom and furnish it with the new Modular 60 gallon design, that can be run as a potstill with gin basket , 4 plate copper column still or a 16 plate Vodka column.

its basically a scaled down version of our 150 gallon Vodka system.

We'll be breaking ground before summer hopefully and be able to take visitors by Fall. will be located just outside Mobile Alabama.

We're licensed with a experimental still/fuel ethanol Licence, so you can get some hands on.

• 2 months later...

had a pleasant talk with a representative from Canada Revenue Agency.

I've been inquiring about opening a teaching distillery here in Alberta, and Alberta does not require licencing unless I sell.

so I fall back under Federal Licencing, which seems quite promising to do just such a thing.

So over the next year, we will be opening locations in Alabama and Alberta (Canada) where you can try your had running our Professional Units. However our Northern location should be able to do tasting, aging and product development.

Steve

• 1 month later...

As a guy looking to start new in the business I think the try before buy could be a lifesaver in making sure you get the right equipment in hand from the start. Better to make a trip for a show and tell than end up with the wrong piece of equipment. All your stuff looks great BTW.

• 8 months later...

Yeah. Just like Steve said. Come see us at Six and Twenty and take Steve's equipment for a test spin. You'll see what all the hubbub is all about. And since you're just in GA, we're 90 mins away.

Call Farmer on his cell phone to lock a time down: (864) three 20-480 three. He'll hook you up.

• 1 month later...

I apologize for the delay, I've been working on several import deals (a slight hobby of mine). I understand it's short notice, but is there a chance I could head out towards Piedmont this weekend and check out your operation (only if you're already planning on being there )? I can work my schedule around your's if needed. I'd love to learn more about Artisanal's still design and how it works in your distillery. As well as your basic operation. Thanks!

I can be reached quickly at my email or mobile phone:

nobilitygroup@gmail.com

Matthew Street