Looking to source start up equipment in Canada?

DonMar

I am considering a start up Craft Distillery here in Canada, unfortunately our Canadian Dollar is hurting right now (0.69/1.00) and am looking at sourcing some equipment, Stripper Still, Reflux, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I am not paying out the butt once dollar conversion is factored in? Are there any reputable fabricators or folks with surplus equipment in Canada that could assist with my query?

Don in AB

Hi DonMar,

I'm in the US, but i think that you will find that our prices are very very good as is our quality. We have equipment in over 100 legal distilleries in the US, Canada, Mexico and Austrailia. Here is our web site http://distillery-equipment.com

For a reference list and contact information for distilleries where you can visit and see our equipment in action email paul@distillery-equipment.com

Thanks folks,

Unfortunately the Canadian Dollar is tanking and probably be so for the forseeable future, and all of the equipment I see out there is in American Dollars (~$.68/1.00). Any advice where someone could start the search for "New to you" or "gently used" equipment?

Unfortunately this is close to my last step in making the decision of jumping into the craft.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Donmar,

First I have to say this is new to me (dealing with Canada ) plus I am not sure if the style of stills I build are something you are interested in but you can see a photo of two in the posting FEEDBACK PLEASE in the EQUIPMENT section.

http://adiforums.com/index.php?showtopic=6956

Second since this is new to me I am more interested in market penetration than in profit.

My colleagues and I make them entirely by hand. We solder and weld but the still is of copper which is annealed with a torch then hammered into shape by one of us.

I am still trying to figure out pricing (I posted this request in the FEEDBACK PLEASE ) to get suggestions.

We have made everything except the columns with windows.

If you want to discuss further please PM me.

Thank you.

Joao

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Canadian made, complete systems available. Check out specific mechanical systems in Victoria BC. 

Call Gregg at 250-652-2111 and check out www.specific.net  They had a set up at ADI in San Diego.

Check them out!

• 1 month later...
On January 15, 2016 at 0:23 PM, DonMar said:

I am considering a start up Craft Distillery here in Canada, unfortunately our Canadian Dollar is hurting right now (0.69/1.00) and am looking at sourcing some equipment, Stripper Still, Reflux, etc. Can anyone point me in the right direction so I am not paying out the butt once dollar conversion is factored in? Are there any reputable fabricators or folks with surplus equipment in Canada that could assist with my query?

Don in AB

We have a 2013 complete inline filling systems bottling line for sale.. We are only asking $65,000.. 

Call me if interested please - (843) 287-1955

On 9/20/2016 at 0:35 PM, mattabv said:

Canadian made, complete systems available. Check out specific mechanical systems in Victoria BC. 

Call Gregg at 250-652-2111 and check out www.specific.net  They had a set up at ADI in San Diego.

Check them out!

I have to say, I just saw some equipment from this company at a distillery less than twenty miles from them, and it looked very well made.

MDH,   I visited their facility and had an in depth discussion about set up, size and Budgeting. They were extremely receptive to customizing the configuration and " bells and whistle". The product is top notch! Made in north america and delivery is spot on. I was completely impressed with their quality and diversity, and as I like to call it a complete system tuned and sized in on package. I have a few clients very interested and will be engaging in design and pricing in the near future. I truly believe this is a manufacturer to watch. more or less their system is complete and a plug in mechanicals and go. a distillery on a skid.

Not just for Canadians. anyone serious in saving time and money should talk to them.

Again call Gregg at 250-652-2111 or email them at www.specific.net

Matt

• 5 years later...

We just doubled our capacity and now have a 1,000 L stainless steel stripping still for sale. Asking $8,000 paid double that. Need it gone. Located near Parksville, on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. We also have a very affordable mashing unit made from a converted 400-gallon dairy chiller that turns out 800L washes like nothing. $1,000 takes it. Works great and no stuck mashes.