Anyone running a Dragon Still?

GeekSpirits

I suppose you mean Still Dragon - yes I do, but it's a modular system so almost every one is different: Potstill, filled column (CM), bubblecaps... Better to explain what your producing and what kind of column you are thinking about first.

BTW: mine's a massive 8" potstill, all stainless for gin and jenever.

Hey GeekSpirits,

Paul is right, we do have multiple different setups that we can make.  That is the beauty of a modular system.  We do have the ability though to make whatever system you want.  Give me a shout and I can find out more about what you are looking to produce.  From there we can custom design a still that works for you.  

Chris

chris@stilldragon.com

806-206-5861

I can set up a chiller system the same way, in modules.  It does take a little more on the PLC end, but like heat recovery chillers, the front end cost is often more than the customer can bear to save energy every day versus that front end cost, unless it is budgeted up front. It's a battle of explanation upon explanations as well.

• 2 months later...

You can build virtually anything you can dream up using StillDragon parts...I just put in an order for a custom made part a couple days ago. I call my beast the KoMODo Dragon. Their customer service is quick and attentive. I'd highly recommend doing business with them. 

Hey @MGL 5 years ago when we started, we did start in mainly the hobby side.  Now the majority of the equipment we do is large scale commercial, 250Gal plus.  The great thing is, a lot of those hobby guys we started with now have successful commercial distilleries.  The only large scale stuff you see on our website is some larger tanks and fermenters as most of the commercial stuff we sell is custom made to order.  Here's a nice setup that we just sent to Montana!

B Still.jpg

4 minutes ago, ChrisSD said:

Hey @MGL 5 years ago when we started, we did start in mainly the hobby side.  Now the majority of the equipment we do is large scale commercial, 250Gal plus.  The great thing is, a lot of those hobby guys we started with now have successful commercial distilleries.  The only large scale stuff you see on our website is some larger tanks and fermenters as most of the commercial stuff we sell is custom made to order.  Here's a nice setup that we just sent to Montana!

B Still.jpg

Thanks. When I made my post it had been a few months since I went to your website.

How much custom stuff do you make vs what is actually on your website?

@MGL We have custom orders in production at all times.  We also keep some kettles in stock allowing us to customize a system with off-the-shelf parts, it just depends on what is on the floor at the time.   As for size, we can do 1000Gal, 2000Gal, whatever you may need.  Look on our website under tanks.  You'll see 1000L/250Gal kettles, 2000L/500Gal Fermenters, and some larger tuns.  Give me a shout if you ever want to find out more about what we can do.  Below is a 250Gal setup that went out to Storm King Distilling in Colorado.

Chris

Chris@stilldragon.com

806-206-5861

1000L.jpg