Getting Rolling, Highwood, IL

Hello Everyone, Long time reader third time poster and first time introduction. We are underway here at the 28 Mile Vodka Co. & Distillery with our DSP in hand and building permit expected by the end of the week. We have a 1200 Gallon end to end plant on order from Paul Hall @Southernhighlandercapping that off with one of his 300 gallon Ultra Pro Vodka Stills. I can't say enough about the service we have received from them up to this point and Paul has always answered my phone calls when I know he's busy.

Mike at MG Thermal Consulting @MG Thermal Consulting has also been an integral part of this start up process and we have a very large chiller on the way from him as well.

We worked with Jerry Wages to get set up with the TTB and the process was painless. He also got us through the process and licensing when we decided to add a small brewery operation so that we could serve a couple of beers for our tasting room only.    jrwages@hotmail.com

I also want to give a big thanks to Danny @bluestar for letting me hang out at his place for a couple of days and bother him with lots or questions. 

I will keep you all up to date on progress as we start ripping up concrete here in the next couple weeks.

Matt Greif

15 minutes ago, Stumpy's said:

Awesome! Congrats Matt! I'd love to come check out your operation once you get rolling. Likewise, if you're ever in the St. Louis area, swing by!

Cheers!

Adam

@Stumpy's, You're welcome to visit anytime. I may be a bit aggressive on this timeline but I'd like to be in production by Thanksgiving with the tasting room open by Jan. 1. I'll be sure to stop by when I'm in the area.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations!   It's a process for sure!   When you are ready to talk about labels, materials and branding in general,  please don't hesitate to email me.  Irene@allamericanlabel.net     We print for several IL distilleries and I would be happy to send you samples of high end materials, in addition to showing you a variety of label embellishments.  

irene