Dewatering press

sandytoes

4 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

Talk to Larry at Stilldragon, they have a new dewatering unit that is a better option than Vincent. The smaller/attainable Vincent CP units are great, but they are still very spendy and, well, small.

We have centrifuges that we sell with our Hemp to CBD extraction systems that remove and reclaim the residual ethanol from plant material after washing.  They have vacuum assist.  I think that they should work really well for spinning out the water from grain in mashes.  We will give it a try and let everyone know how it goes.

4 hours ago, Silk City Distillers said:

Talk to Larry at Stilldragon, they have a new dewatering unit that is a better option than Vincent. The smaller/attainable Vincent CP units are great, but they are still very spendy and, well, small.

Silk -

I have seen a post on the Stilldragon unit and the price seems to be very similar to Vincent. I'm just want to make sure that these will actually work for this application. I am considering renting one to try it out. Doing this 200 gallons at a time with mesh bags SUCKS!

5 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

We have centrifuges that we sell with our Hemp to CBD extraction systems that remove and reclaim the residual ethanol from plant material after washing.  They have vacuum assist.  I think that they should work really well for spinning out the water from grain in mashes.  We will give it a try and let everyone know how it goes.

Paul -

How $$pendy is this machine of yours?

Tom

1 hour ago, sandytoes said:

Paul -

How $$pendy is this machine of yours?

Tom

The pricing is really good.  Let me know how much mash that you want to dewater per 8 hr day and I will get you a price?  We will need to test one with mash to see how it works before we sell one for that purpose.

53 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

The pricing is really good.  Let me know how much mash that you want to dewater per 8 hr day and I will get you a price?  We will need to test one with mash to see how it works before we sell one for that purpose.

Paul -

I currently need to do 300 gallons of mash a day.

Tom

Here is a video of us when we first started running it, dumping the bottom of a fermenter by bucket, after it was too thick for our pump. The whole system isn't perfect, as it is not completely stainless, and is a bit hard to clean, but we are working on an idea for the cleaning. regardless, it is the nuts.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPznqYVKWeFQqbjhIM_DNQCqesH2-o3hCnoqiwFoO2VGwP13yYziG0grfdVZf4D-Q?key=cUo0eWxfTjExTHZ2cElWcVgzYVAwTkJ5aUN6ZVNB

• Thumbs up 1

5 minutes ago, Roger said:

Here is a video of us when we first started running it, dumping the bottom of a fermenter by bucket, after it was too thick for our pump. The whole system isn't perfect, as it is not completely stainless, and is a bit hard to clean, but we are working on an idea for the cleaning. regardless, it is the nuts.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPznqYVKWeFQqbjhIM_DNQCqesH2-o3hCnoqiwFoO2VGwP13yYziG0grfdVZf4D-Q?key=cUo0eWxfTjExTHZ2cElWcVgzYVAwTkJ5aUN6ZVNB

Interested in more details on this piece of equipment and how to get one.

Yes interested also - is this a screw expeller press?

Looks a little different to what I have seen before.

I am keen to look at this for 2nd pass sugarcane juice extraction - as single pass 3 Roller Mill is only 50-60% efficient and cane stalks act like a sponge when juice is pressed the plant fibre suck it back in.

Anyone who is interested, send me a message or post on here. I believe I can have them landed in NY (possibly right to your location) for $6k.  No warranty, no nothing, except it comes in a box  and you fire it up. The only way to get them here at that price is in bulk. I am not interested in servicing them of listening to peoples complaints. We took a leap of faith to buy ours, and are very happy. I have a couple of ideas on how to make it easier to clean.  Note - This is not all stainless, and it is not shiny and pretty. The screen, screw and hopper are stainless. My estimate is this would be over $20k made here and all stainless.  It is a very robust piece of equipment or I wouldn't have bought it.

Let me know/Roger

16 hours ago, Roger said:

Anyone who is interested, send me a message or post on here. I believe I can have them landed in NY (possibly right to your location) for $6k.  No warranty, no nothing, except it comes in a box  and you fire it up. The only way to get them here at that price is in bulk. I am not interested in servicing them of listening to peoples complaints. We took a leap of faith to buy ours, and are very happy. I have a couple of ideas on how to make it easier to clean.  Note - This is not all stainless, and it is not shiny and pretty. The screen, screw and hopper are stainless. My estimate is this would be over $20k made here and all stainless.  It is a very robust piece of equipment or I wouldn't have bought it.

Let me know/Roger

That's a really good price.

• 2 weeks later...