Hand Sanitizer For Sale - Already Made; Isopropyl Based

In the last few weeks we have sold several stills for the sole purpose of making hand sanitizer.  One  customer told me that he is selling 55 gallon barrels for $4,600 each and his customer will take as much as he can produce.  These larger producers are buying large stills.  I had several large stills in stock but they are moving fast so if anyone needs a still quickly I only have five 200 to 300 gallon stills in stock.  We have already sold all of the in stock 500 and 800 gallon stills.

Strangely enough we have been selling a lot of little stills as well.  We had over 70  internet orders for small stills and columns in 1 weekend..  Last week I had a Dr. from Texas order a small still to make hand sanitizer because they have zero hand sanitizer at the hospital where he works and they are having a hard time finding it.  Here in MO the state nullified the federal laws against home distilling in 2009, allowing MO families to distill up to 200 gallons per year for their own personal use, however that is not the case in Texas and I told him that but he did not seem to care.  I told him that he should get a DSP to produce ethanol for industrial purposes and he said that he would look into that.  He seemed really desperate.

3 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

In the last few weeks we have sold several stills for the sole purpose of making hand sanitizer.  One  customer told me that he is selling 55 gallon barrels for $4,600 each and his customer will take as much as he can produce.  These larger producers are buying large stills.  I had several large stills in stock but they are moving fast so if anyone needs a still quickly I only have five 200 to 300 gallon stills in stock.  We have already sold all of the in stock 500 and 800 gallon stills.

Strangely enough we have been selling a lot of little stills as well.  We had over 70  internet orders for small stills and columns in 1 weekend..  Last week I had a Dr. from Texas order a small still to make hand sanitizer because they have zero hand sanitizer at the hospital where he works and they are having a hard time finding it.  Here in MO the state nullified the federal laws against home distilling in 2009, allowing MO families to distill up to 200 gallons per year for their own personal use, however that is not the case in Texas and I told him that but he did not seem to care.  I told him that he should get a DSP to produce ethanol for industrial purposes and he said that he would look into that.  He seemed really desperate.

Did you send him to one of your current distillery customers in TX to get him sanitizer ASAP?  

On 4/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, Robert Williams said:

Also, it's important to note that this is the gel, not liquid. 

The FDA has approved the WHO formula for production by DSP's. This is a liquid not a gel, so anyone making a gel formula that is not a registered compounding pharmacy is breaking federal law.  As for the pricing, I'll let the karma police deal with them after this pandemic is over.

I know the guy is a nut, and i'm a bit afraid to agree with him, but hospitals have found bacteria is becoming more resistant to alcohol based sanitizer. I am a bit worried about all the super bacteria and viruses we are mutating with the huge uptick of hand sanitizer use.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, daveflintstone said:

holy crapola dude that seems excessive

we are manufacturing and distributing ready mix sanitizer in 275 gallon tote and 55 gallon drums $15 per gallon FOB King Ferry NY

9 minutes ago, oboyatelny said:

we are manufacturing and distributing ready mix sanitizer in 275 gallon tote and 55 gallon drums $15 per gallon FOB King Ferry NY

I don't know what ready mix is, what's the formulation?

• Thumbs up 1

7 minutes ago, oboyatelny said:

Glycerin, hydrogen peroxide , water and denatured 96% alcohol 

The FDA formula TTB has given DSPs a waiver to make?  Just asking because the title of this thread was about Isopropyl vs Ethanol so just want to make sure.

Why are you calling it "ready mix"?

BTW, nice pricing!

1 hour ago, DrDistillation said:

The FDA formula TTB has given DSPs a waiver to make?  Just asking because the title of this thread was about Isopropyl vs Ethanol so just want to make sure.

Why are you calling it "ready mix"?

BTW, nice pricing!

Ready mix because it retail ready, alcohol is very much allowed to produce hand sanitizer as long as its denatured 

This again is not very clear and not helpful to questions asked.  Are you an industrial supplier or DSP working under TTB waiver?  Basically, what FORMULA is this sanitizer?

"Ready Mix" is meaningless and is NOT something used to describe sanitizer.  If you want to sell your product describe what it actually is.  You have good prices so just tell others what you are actually selling.  What is the label?

On 4/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, Obtainium said:

Distilleries are retailing sanitizer at 50 bucks a gallon tops. Many are selling it at 30-40 bucks. GNS is being sold at a relatively high 6 bucks a gallon. 

Hi if you have GNS at $6 per gallon I can use additional volume to my production.......direct me please to the source Thank you 3153148077

On 4/8/2020 at 5:25 PM, Obtainium said:

Distilleries are retailing sanitizer at 50 bucks a gallon tops. Many are selling it at 30-40 bucks. GNS is being sold at a relatively high 6 bucks a gallon. 

$6 per proof/wine gallon which is 12-13 for 200! 

1 hour ago, oboyatelny said:

$6 per proof/wine gallon

A proof gallon is way different than a wine gallon of 96% alchohol. Maybe english is your second language, but you sound pretty sketchy. I think I'd buy from the 100$ a gallon guy before I gave you any money or spirits.

A guy called me yesterday from Canada.  He owns a distillery up there.  He went from making whiskey to only making hand sanitizer a few weeks ago.  A few days ago a customer called him wanting hand sanitizer.  He told them that he was sold out and that he had contracts for everything he could produce for several weeks.  They said they needed it really badly.  He told them that he had no more mashing and fermenting capacity but that he did have distilling capacity however he told them that his only source for wash was from his local wineries and that if he produced hand sanitizer from that, the price would be $50,000.00 Canadian per 1000 liter tote.  The customer placed an order for several totes.  So this guy is buying wine from all of the wineries in his area for $4.00 per liter and making hand sanitizer from it to fill his big order.  He wanted to order an 800 gallon and a 500 gallon still, but I have sold all of the bigger stills that I have in stock so he said he wants quotes on all of the 200 gallon and 300 gallon stills that I have left in stock. 

One of my customers here in MO is buying beer from craft breweries from several counties to make hand sanitizer in his 500 gallon still and they say he is running multiple shifts just to meet demand. I don't know what he is selling his hand sanitizer for but I think that it would have to be more than $50.00 per gallon since the craft beer is probably not cheap.

I'm not sure if one could say these guys are price gouging or not since they have to use such expensive inputs to keep up with demand, however I have not done the math.  Oconsider though is that the guy buying the wine owns another business that has completely collapsed because of COVID and so he is just selling hand sanitizer to keep his distillery and the other business afloat, so I'm not sure if one could call him immoral or not.  It's not like he is simply trying to get rich.  He is trying to keep his businesses afloat until this is over.  Also we must consider that these guys are keeping wineries and brew pubs in business that might otherwise fail.

I have 100 gallons of GNS that purchased for processing hemp into CBD several weeks ago and my markets have disappeared for that business since Covid started so I'm going to make hand sanitizer from 80 gallons of it.  I will be donating a lot of it to my local first responders and the old folks home in town.  I will also be donating hand sanitizer to the clinic in town, if they will take it.  A few weeks ago I had several hundred medical masks that I tried to donate to the clinic, but they said that they could not take them unless I called the the hospital and talked to the administration office there.  I said why don't you call them and see what they say and I will wait and she said that I would have to call.  I said do you need masks and she said yes.  I said that I have other things to do so if she did not take them that I would donate them to others.  She said "well that's what you will need to do because I will not break the rules because, it could cost my job."   I donated the masks to the first responders in town and they sure didn't have any issue taking them.