Wayward

What ever happened to iStill?

72 posts in this topic

Here is a picture of my other installation team, currently working in Cork, Ireland. They are doing a vodka run on an 8% beer. 96.5% coming out at the top. We are producing at (and slightly below) the current boiling point of ethanol. If you look at the picture, you'll figure it out!

Regards, Odin.

H there,

Here's a picture of me in front of a new iStill 2000 NextGen. 2000 liter net boiler content. That's 530 gallon. Electrically heated (0 to 36 kW). Automated, internet connected and robotized, this unit can make any thing from taste rich whiskey, rum, and brandy to pure GNS and/or vodka. And it can do so by simply choosing a certain program on the touch screen computer. No need to change anything to the column, the computer and robotization takes care of any product you want to make.

With automated cuts for heads, hearts and tails, with automated sterilization and cleaning programs, with integrated copper catalyst, remote access, control and still management.

This piece of kit does not have the agitator or boiler radiator, so it can't mash or ferment. The customer wanted a still and no more. Then again ... all preparations are there, so should he - in the future - face a bottle neck at mashing or fermenting, he can upgrade at minimal costs.

We'll do tests early next week and after that it'll get shipped to the USA. If we are not too busy or forget, I'll try to shoot a short video.

Regards, Odin.

Here's a picture of our new grooving machine. Grooving? Yes, for our barrels. We don't just make distilling equipment, we also have a cooperage that makes great barrels. We do that, because there is a shortage in barrels, and we want to help our customers out, by granting them access to top shelf barrels at very affordable prices.

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/advanced-barrel-making/

Regards, Odin.

iStill Mechanic William helps assembling the iStill 2000 NextGen ...

It's busy at our factory!

Regards, Odin.

Just finished testing an iStill 500 NextGen. The unit will go to the UK coming Tuesday. Those are the best days: when I get to do some distilling!

We are also making new batches of iStill Barrels for our customers. Here's how we make them: https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/07/how-istill-barrels-are-made-1/

Regards, Odin.

Here's a short video of a vodka run with the iStill 500 NextGen. Making 96.5% strong alcohol at a production rate of around 18 liters per hour.

Regards, Odin.

... and here are a few pictures of another iStill 500 NextGen going to a customer that needs more production capacity, because his gin is a huge commercial success:

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/15/angel-gin-boosts-production/

Today my crew has build up two more stills. I will be testing them tomorrow!

Regards, Odin.

We are launching iStills now! Not kidding you. this one is currently flying to Cornwall. Another one is ready to fire. Count down initiated ... five ... four ... three ...

Regards, Odin.

1 person likes this

I am currently doing a tour of Scotland. The last few days I spend in Dundee, in the so-called Scottish lowlands, where we help set up the Verdant Spirits Company. I met with Andrew Mackenzie and we made some awesome gin together. Another medal winner, I predict! Here is a link with some pics:

https://www.facebook.com/VerdantSpirits/

Today, I traveled north to visit Neil and Katie, who are starting up a vodka distillery (with rum and whisky to follow) in the Speyside region of Scotland. They ordered an iStill 500 NextGen to start their business up. And that unit will be joined by an iStill 2000 NextGen before the end of this year.

From Neil and Katie's Blackford Craft Distillery, the voyage took me to beautiful Dornoch. Right, highland territory. What the guys were making, when I arrived? Single malt whisky, of course! Here's a short video:

Tomorrow? Tomorrow The Dornoch Boys Simon and Philip will be making some awesome Dornoch Gin. And the day after? We plan to do a 1.5 distillation approach on the single malt they stripped today.

I will keep you posted!

Odin.

Building two iStills 5000 NextGen as we speak. Both are heading for the USA.

Regards, Odin.

We are currently building a few more iStills 5000 NextGen. For the North-American market. 1300 gallon net capacity. Serves as a potstill, column still, masher and even a fermenter. Fully automated and robotized ...

https://istillblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/buiding-more-istills-5000-nextgen/

Bart, congrats on your new iStill 100 NextGen!

Regards, Odin.

iStill Movie! Quality, production strategy and ... sh*tloads of innovations to share!

Regards, Odin.