600 Gallon Pot Still & Automated Control System /w Mashing Program and column controls and has temperature controls for 10 fermenters

4 Plate Copper Whiskey Column

16 Plate Vodka Column

Gin Basket

Condenser Column

650 Steam Jacketed Mash Cooker /w agitator

3.25MBTU Steam Boiler and water supply tank

2 - 10K gallon cooling tanks (Working as heat sinks essentially)

1 - 1k gallon Spirit Holding Tank

Cooling Circulation Pump

Velo DE Filter

Piping, Hosts, etc.

The system was setup to run 2 cooks and 2 strips per day or do a spirit run of stripped spirits.

$250,000.00

We also have some finished spirits and can discuss prices if interested.

I can also sell some of the fermenters but am going to be keeping some of them for other purposes.

Please PM me here with your contact information and I'll send photo's and am happy to discuss the equipment.

Thanks,

WTB

The still, boiler and mashing tank are setup for 480v 3-Phase electric.  Everyting has option for 240 volt just needs a bit of rewiring.

The operation is setup around 600 gallon batches.  We do 4 cooks and strips and then use the output of that for the final spirit run.

The boiler is sized to accommodate addition of a 1500 gallon stripping  still as volume demands increase. 

You can make about 600 gallons of finished vodka per week or around 20 barrels of whiskey or bourbon with the system as-is.

Feel free to contact me at 812-572-5700 with additional questions or interest.

Thanks,

WTB

IMAG0179.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

I would take a look at the actually wiring diagrams before assuming a box wired up for 480V can be switched over to 240V, unless everything is being transformed down immediately to 240V internally. That's because 480V can run the same power at half the current of 240V, and wires, relays, and fuses rated for use at a given power at 480V may not be rated for double the current at 240V.

bluestar is correct.  480vac equipment (breakers, relays and wiring etc) is typically rated for 1/2 the amp draw that 240vac is rated at the same number of Kw.    Just because the motor can be wired for either voltage does not mean that the rest of the electrical system can handle it.

@indyspiritsIt depends - I know there are people in the UK who can get 200A 240V (48kW) single phase at home, that would take a few hours but as long as you program your still to start heating up in the early morning it will be fine. And as a business you can get a bigger connection of course. I use a "tiny" 3phase 63A feed in my distillery in NL which is roughly the same power, that has proven to be enough for a 2000L (528 gallon) directly heated electrically still. If I need more power I'll just have to order an upgrade...

On 6/28/2018 at 2:32 PM, Wilbert Best said:

The boiler is setup to run off propane or natural gas.  The electric is used to run the blower and pumps.  It's over 88% efficient.

Important clarification, thanks. Not unusual for a gas-fired system to be set up to use different voltages for secondary systems, like switches, blowers, pumps, etc. Often, to do that, the main connection is sized for the higher current when operating at lower input main voltage.