glass and shipping squeeze

UpAndAdam

I picked a bad time to switch from a European ceramic bottle to glass for one of my products.  I figured a decorated common stock bottle, readily available, would make things easier.  Now my packaging cost has more than doubled.  $4.50 per bottle.  How's $9000 to ship 10 pallets from West Coast to Hawaii?  FANTASTIC

We have been waiting for over ten months for our last order. To even get on the list to buy, we had to order 12 pallets! we got word in September that they were on their way and now weeks later the supplier is unsure where they are. Humph.

• 4 weeks later...

All

I have been searching for suppliers in China. They are not the best to work with but we can get bottles. It is a total pain in the @$$ but its okay. Average cost with freight going through the roof is 13,200 per 20ft container. This is literally insane.

With Duty, Freight and Bottle w/ corks it turns into about $3 a bottle. Let me know if I can help.

V/r

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 1:55 PM, NoGoodOutlaw said:

All

I have been searching for suppliers in China. They are not the best to work with but we can get bottles. It is a total pain in the @$$ but its okay. Average cost with freight going through the roof is 13,200 per 20ft container. This is literally insane.

With Duty, Freight and Bottle w/ corks it turns into about $3 a bottle. Let me know if I can help.

V/r

Who are you working with in China?

I have a customer who put in a plastic bottle making machine.   He buys his plastic pellets by the container load from Turkey.  He has 19 different Vodkas from $3.00 to $30.00 per 750Ml bottle.  He's shipping 150 pallets per week so he's using a lot of bottles.  He said his 1/2 gallon bottles cost him 26 cents each including inputs energy and labor.  

• Thumbs up 1

• 1 month later...
I have 9,000 glass bottles and corks for sale. 
They are 750 ml Extra Flint Liberty Liquor Glass Bottle with Bar Top Finish.
Color White Flint
Finish 21.5mm Bar Top, GPI 33-400, GPI 33-360
Height (mm) 292.28
Weight (g) 982.7
Shape Rectangle
Width (mm) 83.82
Depth (mm) 63.42

The corks are wood top corks WALNUT with synthetic shanks
Specs: 34mm X 14mm X 22.5mm

$1.25/bottle and .25/cork

Here is a link to the manufacturer: https://piramalglassusa.com/specialty_liquor/liberty/

They are palletized and in their original packaging.  Let me know if interested by email or text:

matt.euson@gmail.com

317-696-2226