Continuous Column Still Setup with Mash Tun, grain separator & heat exchanger

Hello Everyone,

We are upgrading our equipment to a bigger set up, and we are selling our 12” continuous column still (manufactured by StillDragon), 5000 gallon mash tun set up with tube in tube heat exchanger, and Centrifugal Sifter for spent grain. The still comes with a 5200 gallon single wall feed tank, fip pump, 300 gallon hearts collection tank and still controller. This still will pump out 4-6 53 gallon barrels of whiskey in 8-10 hour shifts. If you are looking to scale up your distillery without no lead time this is a great opportunity. Asking $250,000 for the whole lot. We would be interested in piecing out the equipment .

Continuous column $150,000

-Mash tun-$100,00

-5200 gallon holding/fermenter tank $25,000 

-Heat exchanger set up $10,000 

-Centrifugal sifter $15,000

ALL OFFERS ARE CONSIDERED!!

FOB New Jersey 

Please email  

Diamonddistiller@gmail.com

48557E61-F502-43F3-A2AC-1D55C0BEC0DE.jpeg

242D5A2A-2EE0-4008-9144-592A01793010.jpeg

20E7CCE3-832A-4338-92A6-32472A9C5A00.jpeg

B27D5143-0FE6-41BA-9604-E3E42685FB85.jpeg

2F20C80C-3E77-4484-87E2-00D39B63B873.jpeg

C3C104F2-757D-42D6-8FE4-BDBFA50836CE.jpeg

3F33F5E2-5700-4AF3-AC50-7AEE788753D5.jpeg

0B818EF9-A459-4E97-8A08-0658B3626620.jpeg

Edited by diamonddistiller
Price change

3 hours ago, SlickFloss said:

Oh wowwwwwwwwwwww

Whats the feed rate in GPM?

Whats the footprint for column, controls, and doubler?

What's your collection rate?

What's your distillation efficiency?

Fuck yeah. What a unit.

Check with @Stumpy's he ran a similar unit for a few years. We considered one for awhile but the cash burn per week was beyond us at the time.

That's the one! Aaron added some awesome equipment to the lot. Cooker, heat exchanger, and centri-sifter look awesome. Not going to lie....thought about buying it back but when I mentioned it to the war department (my wife 😜), I was met with a resounding "eff-you!" 🤣

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stumpy's said:

That's the one! Aaron added some awesome equipment to the lot. Cooker, heat exchanger, and centri-sifter look awesome. Not going to lie....thought about buying it back but when I mentioned it to the war department (my wife 😜), I was met with a resounding "eff-you!" 🤣

You got any videos of that hyuuuuuuuge column rolling? How the bucks looking down there?

On 10/19/2023 at 6:47 AM, Georgeous said:

will this do vodka or just whiskey?

I don't own one and haven't run one so take my shit with a grain of salt but I would say reasonably for operations sake no. You would be able to tune that doubler to a point and maybe utilize a take off to get there legally a time or two but its not designed for neuties as it stands IMO.... Theoretical plates (depghs, "brakes", RAP, Siporax, etc) are not all equal. A theoretical removal of a plate to save space in a still will ALWAYS impact its operational capacity. More and deeper trays run faster. Denser intelligently placed inefficiencies scrub reflux better. etc. etc. etc. This is the issue with the early HF systems, can't speak to the more modern ones. Beyond the cleaning issues, the loss of plates slows down the feed rate because the vapor stream has to do more work on each tray, meaning it is taxed more thermally. 

It would be incredibly easy to insert a steel column in place of these plates given the TCs, or possibly just pack those plates, 

20 minutes ago, SlickFloss said:

I don't own one and haven't run one so take my shit with a grain of salt but I would say reasonably for operations sake no. You would be able to tune that doubler to a point and maybe utilize a take off to get there legally a time or two but its not designed for neuties as it stands IMO.... Theoretical plates (depghs, "brakes", RAP, Siporax, etc) are not all equal. A theoretical removal of a plate to save space in a still will ALWAYS impact its operational capacity. More and deeper trays run faster. Denser intelligently placed inefficiencies scrub reflux better. etc. etc. etc. This is the issue with the early HF systems, can't speak to the more modern ones. Beyond the cleaning issues, the loss of plates slows down the feed rate because the vapor stream has to do more work on each tray, meaning it is taxed more thermally. 

It would be incredibly easy to insert a steel column in place of these plates given the TCs, or possibly just pack those plates, 

thanks, very much along the lines of what i was thinking as well. 

If you have the vertical space you could add a bunch of plates/packing above the doubler making it much taller and more capable of making a neutral.  I read somewhere that SD recommends as least 10 plates for a neutral. Your mileage may vary depending on a lot of factors though. 

• diamonddistiller changed the title to Continuous Column Still Setup with Mash Tun, grain separator & heat exchanger
  • 3 weeks later...