Anyone have experience w/ Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC??

rickthenewb

Below is the still pot and receiving tank for one of our 100 gallon vacuum stills.  This unit is for Hemp to CBD processing, however the new distilling speeds that we are getting on these are incredible. total run time of 1 hr and 15 minutes.  This is the run time including heat up to operating temp with 170 proof mixed with oil to start.  The 2,500 gallon unit has a run time of 1.5 hrs from start up.  We are going to test one as a stripping still with 8% mash.  If it is as fast as I think that is as a stripper, it's going to be faster than any continuas stripping column that I have seen with the same price.  Distillation is done at 50 C under vacuum.

P1010852.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Below are 2 stills that we just finished up.  They are both 150 gallon Ultra Pro Whiskey stills with Gin baskets.  The top still is a baine marie and the bottom still is a steam fired still.

Also we are getting very close to offering for sale our long awaited continuous column stills.  We figured out a way to stop the foaming issues that you see with most continuous column stills including the one that was shown in the video that was recently posted to the forum.  Foaming causes inefficiency and because of foaming our competitors must space their plates much farther apart making their stills a great deal taller. Our design is a great deal shorter, more efficient, takes up less space and costs less than those of our competitors.  Our design is very different than conventional designs currently in use, internally but it has a very traditional look.   We will be offering them in 2" diameter up to 36" diameter.  We still have 3 to 4 weeks to go.  We will post pics and video when they are ready.

P7280947.JPG.63531a9686e5fe924e46afb0145590d9.JPG

P7210925.JPG

29 minutes ago, Southernhighlander said:

Below are 2 stills that we just finished up.  They are both 150 gallon Ultra Pro Whiskey stills with Gin baskets.  The top still is a baine marie and the bottom still is a steam fired still.

Also we are getting very close to offering for sale our long awaited continuous column stills.  We figured out a way to stop the foaming issues that you see with most continuous column stills including the one that was shown in the video that was recently posted to the forum.  Foaming causes inefficiency and because of foaming our competitors must space their plates much farther apart making their stills a great deal taller. Our design is a great deal shorter, more efficient, takes up less space and costs less than those of our competitors.  Our design is very different than conventional designs currently in use, internally but it has a very traditional look.   We will be offering them in 2" diameter up to 36" diameter.  We still have 3 to 4 weeks to go.  We will post pics and video when they are ready.

P7280947.JPG.63531a9686e5fe924e46afb0145590d9.JPG

Paul,

That's my still you are referencing, and what you see in the column is beer...not foam. Inefficient is the opposite of what the column in the video is. That still is doing with 9 plates what a Vendome does with 15 on the beer column AND we have done lab distillations the bottoms product at various set points to verify there is no alcohol left in it to prove that. This still doesn't run a traditional seal cup on the downcomer so it runs a deeper liquid bed....in my experience downcomer seal cups can clog with thicker grain-in mashes....especially those high in malt. That's the reason the still was designed without the cups, hence the deeper beds. What you are seeing is not hydraulic flooding or jet flooding; it's equilibrium. I'm guessing your going to put some kind of "entrainment" plate or screen above your plates to keep foam down. Again just a guess but I viewed that as a band-aid to a problem....not a solution. The StillDragon continuous has a solution built inside of it. Please do not philosophize on a still you haven't seen run, haven't tasted product off of, and have no idea how the internals are designed. AND that design has changed A LOT since I shared it with you a few years ago.

Any questions feel free to call 618-281-7733.

Adam

I apologize. Some of my assumptions were based on your original designs. It's good to hear that you made changes. My designs are completely different than anything I have ever seen before.  We are not using screens above our plates, we have a different method to keep the foaming  from occurring.  Since there is no foaming, our plates can be closer together. Our column T sections are shorter than in any of the US or German designs that I have seen.

My designs are not based on any US, German or Western European designs.  They are based on something different.  Something more advanced in some ways that was built in a Nation that no longer exists.  My engineer is from there. My engineer and I both saw your still run in the video and to him it looked like a lot of little bubbles in beer.  Also your plate spacing is a greater than ours and he assumed it was to decrease the foaming issue.  If we were mistaken I apologize.  I will contact you to compare data in few weeks when our patent work is far enough along.  I think that you will be really surprised about a few things.  

Some combination mash tun stills that we just finished yesterday.  Also we just sold an Ultra Pro Whiskey System complete with mash pump, explosion proof ethanol pump,mash tun, fermenter, CIP system etc to the University of Illinois.  We are currently working on a sale to another state University . We have sold 4 complete system just this week. If we do as well the rest of the year as we have done so far, our US sales this year should approach $7,000,000.00 I'm not certain but I think that we are currently number two in sales to US distilleries.  Maybe next year we will be number one.

P5250553.thumb.JPG.a66de4a3ef912f60e262f5d1b2a9adf4.JPGP6010597.thumb.JPG.7c70fad2c42c69b6eca769a294a30fdc.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

We recently purchased one of Paul's set ups in his photos and had newbie issues getting it dialed in. Paul gave me a cell number for his main guy. Mike took multiple calls both Saturday and Sunday to get me running. Service has been excellent. Still is running like a champ! 

For any new folks looking for a manufacturer I would recommend Paul and can say I have been very happy with the product and service. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We purchased a 250-gallon Mash Tun Stripping Still this winter after working with Paul on our startup equipment 5-years ago.  We run it 6-days a week with great results.  You can literally pick up the phone and talk to him, as well as his guys that work for him.  Best of luck Paul as the biz continues to grow!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 8:48 PM, Northern Waters said:

We purchased a 250-gallon Mash Tun Stripping Still this winter after working with Paul on our startup equipment 5-years ago.  We run it 6-days a week with great results.  You can literally pick up the phone and talk to him, as well as his guys that work for him.  Best of luck Paul as the biz continues to grow!

Thank you.  if you need anything at all just let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Below is a picture of one of my inventions.  I have mentioned it on here before.  It is called an OSPM (open system pressurization module).  If you have a baine marie still the addition of this device will turn it into a self contained steam still.  Steam has a much better heat transfer coefficient than oil or water, so this device will give you faster heat up and run times.  No steam boiler is necessary.  Your stills electric heating system creates steam in the jacket.  We have several customers using these and they love them.  We also have stills available with these.

P9231118.JPG

2 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

Below is a picture of one of my inventions.  I have mentioned it on here before.  It is called an OSPM (open system pressurization module).  If you have a baine marie still the addition of this device will turn it into a self contained steam still.  Steam has a much better heat transfer coefficient than oil or water, so this device will give you faster heat up and run times.  No steam boiler is necessary.  Your stills electric heating system creates steam in the jacket.  We have several customers using these and they love them.  We also have stills available with these.

P9231118.JPG

Paul -

What does one of these things run?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Southernhighlander said:

We have a pot still at a distillery in VA that puts out 75 gallons per hour of whiskey.  Has anyone seen any other pot stills that fast?

In person yes, but only the huge ones at Jameson in Midleton Ireland. I'm intrigued by your current offerings and vacuum setups, impressive.

• Thanks 1

kkbodine,

I would love to see those stills.  If I ever get time, I'm going to go check them out.

For anyone that is interested, the still that we sold to the distillery in VA, that puts out 75 gallons of whiskey per hour, costs $137,000.00 before discounts. This still is ran 5 days per week, 8 to 10 hrs per day.  This distillery owner has been running our equipment for 7 years and during that time his sales growth has been amazing.  This equipment produces outstanding spirits which is one reason why he has been so successful. We offer 5% discounts to active military, police and other first responders as well as vets and former first responders.

Compare the price of this still to continuous column still with a similar output of 130 proof.

Our stripping pot stills of this size cost a great deal less and have higher outputs than the still mentioned above.

Typically these stills cost less than continuous column stills of the same output.

Within the next 2 weeks we will be offering a solar powered still that will do a whiskey run in around 5 hrs.  This still is very unique and is patented.  It distills at 140F at sea level without pulling vacuum.  Because of the lower distilling temp the flavor profile is better as more of the nasties are left behind.  The still comes with all of the solar equipment.  This still has carbon monitoring and can be operated with a zero carbon footprint.  We will post more info in around 1 week.

We will also have solar mash cookers available and solar power options for all of our stills up to 300 gallons.